Sunday, December 20, 2009

San Jose.

And I'm back in California after spending a good four months in New York.
Remember the posts about how I hated New York? Well, I was so wrong.
New York was the place where I grew so much, emotionally and artistically. Who would know that I've become such good friends with people I'd only gotten to know for less than four months! Who would know that I had my first boyfriend there? Who would know that I engaged myself in a upcoming magazine as a contributor? Who would know......etc.
I admit it. I miss New York. I love San Jose, don't get me wrong; but life here is so silent, to the point that it's almost boring. I miss the rush of the city, the smell of the Montague Street, Brooklyn (I know I'm strange), the Asian librarian at Barnes&Noble on Court Street, the pop-up shops in Manhattan, etc.
Another 8 months. I guess I'll find a full-time job to keep me occupied. I miss New York so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment